Would you like to participate as a team in the Winter Percussion Chili Concussion this year?
The cook-off is a major fundraiser for the JHS Percussion Program that brings together students, teachers, administrators, community members, and band alumni for a fun and delicious evening filled with good food and good music.
The cook-off is scheduled for Thursday, January 24, 2019 in the Jeffersonville High School Cafeteria. Teams of up to 4 participants compete each other in this annual event while supporting the arts in our public schools.
- All meat used must be cooked to the minimum internal temperature for food safety (generally 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit) and then maintained at 140 degrees Fahrenheit in slow cookers during the competition. For more information of food safety temperatures, see http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/danger-zone-40-f-140-f/
- Please provide 12 quarts of chili or 3 gallons. Larger slow cookers are generally 6 quarts. In past competitions we have run out of chili because our competitors are such cooks. If you would like to bring more, we encourage you to do so.
- Traditional red chili as well as nontraditional recipes are encouraged. The definition of chili is loose, and your creativity is encouraged.
- A list of ingredients is required for food allergy purposes and must be visible during the competition. Amounts are not important, but the ingredient names allow guests with allergies to avoid digesting something that could harm them.
- Teams are encourages to provide toppings or condiments such as onions or cheese if desired.
- Lastly, teams are encouraged to decorate their station. Teams in the past have used brightly colored table cloths and various pieces of flair to create a fun setting that welcomes guests.
Click below to register your team now!